Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Madden 15 | Madden 15 tips | Madden 15 cheats.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    All-American

Status

Follow Me On Twitter

Supplement Advice/Workout Advice

What;s up you sexy motherfuckers?
    I'm about to start going into beast mode in the next couple weeks, with a strict diet and workout plan, and i'm looking to see what you guys take to aid for muscle gain??

Anything from Vitamins, probiotics, Preworkouts,etc..

I'm 5'9 145 Looking to Gain weight if anything but Not lose quickness or endurance AT ALL.

Right now i'm looking to take
    MusclePharm armor-v For a multivitamin
    http://www.musclepharm.com/armor-v

Cordyceps Mushroom ( been taking this for a while now)
    Cordyceps

And for preworkout im looking to take
    Beta Alanine, creatine, and taurine.

and OF COURSE a good diet.

Now I started training Bjj and a little muay Thai about 2 months ago, and do weight training and of course cardio on the side.

I go to nutrition and communication class 8 AM m-th
    BUT THATS IT.
    so im just chillen, trying to workout and get my dick
    sucked, ALL DAY.:t1518:

until I join the Air force.

but
    I'm doing research and its looking like beta alanine/creatine is the way to go. Thoughts? THANKS

Also I'm pretty much in tip top shape and workout A LOT and very hard. So I need Some hardcore shit.

love u motherfuckers

All-American

Status

Visit My Youtube Channel

Gamertag: CH1 T0wN F1N3ST(0 is a zero) OR G1T 0N MA L3V3L

Re: Supplement Advice/Workout Advice

heres a site thats my go to site, its alot cheaper than other sites i have seen.
    allstarhealth.com

my goal was wight loss. so far in the past 3 months i have lost 18 pounds.
    theres a pre workout called CRAZE. its the best on the market IMO. it has NO beta alanine, but thats a good thing because its a much more clean energy and still has a sick ass kick to it, its better than the old jack3d formula.
    Driven Sports CRAZE at Bodybuilding.com: Lowest Prices for CRAZE!

i also use this protein powder:
    Ultimate Nutrition Iso-Sensation 93 at Bodybuilding.com: Lowest Prices for Iso-Sensation 93

i found its the best for me, but if you want to get big, you would need a mass gainer. best one is probably from ON either serious mass, or performance whey or pro complex

Optimum Pro Complex at Bodybuilding.com: Lowest Prices for Pro Complex
    Optimum Serious Mass at Bodybuilding.com: Lowest Prices for Serious Mass
    Optimum Performance Whey at Bodybuilding.com: Lowest Prices for Performance Whey!

Special thanks to xNBSxHEADHUNTER for the sig..PROPS

Pro Bowler
    TGL Elite

Status

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Creatine is going to be water although I guess it helps with anaerobic shit. I am not sure beta alanine helps but it sure gives a great placebo feeling. Although itchy. I doubt cordyceps do that stuff that is said in the link. Nothing could be that perfect without being incredibly popular and actually used by all considering it is natural. I am sure every supplement company would be all over it. I say have whey protein before ad after working out and casein protein before you go to sleep. I love optimum nutrition chocolate but that's all up to you. Make sure the shit isn't filled with tons of heavy metals. ON supposedly has the least. You won't be able to get gigantic if you plan on trying to keep all your quickness. I've heard you want to be only 300 above your sustaining caloric intake if you want to gain muscle and not any/much fat aka keep your quickness etc.

I don't know what to tell you about a diet. I am not much of a diet man. I like to get dirty. In a way you could do a dirty diet, just make sure you have a decent carbs/protein/fat ratio and caloric intake. Youll get used to small portions if you force yourself to for a little while.
    (ツ) (シ) (ツ)
    Spoiler

All-American

Status

Follow Me On Twitter

Thanks for the input guys.
    This is the last week i'm going to take off from lifting. ( just sticking with bjj kickboxing and cardio) Cuz my god damn shoulder.

Before / After pics coming:pwhore:

L3gend I dont understand what you mean by clean energy.
    I have this shit called HyperFX I take if I'm tired but want to force myself to get max potential at the gym.
    It's like jack3d in the fact that it has a lot of stimulants.
    But what's wrong with that every now and then??

Artofwar, do you have any insight on the proper way to take creatine ( when/how long etc)

Also when lifting what Muscle groups in combination do you guys work.

I used to do
    Chest/Tri
    Back/Shoulder
    a little Legs/abs everyday

I'm thinking of doing
    Fri:Chest/back
    Sat:Shoulder/Heavy legs
    Su:Arms
    M: off
    T-Th: is heavy Bjj/Kickboxing
    And abs/cardio everyday of course
    Last edited by 28.5; 03-31-2012 at 05:13 PM.

All-American

Status

Gamertag: A n00b Move PSN ID: sucide-manual

try RivalUS Clean Gainer

Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.
    ~ Mohandas Gandhi

Pro Bowler
    TGL Elite

Status

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've heard different things but I really don't believe too much in supplements, if they really work then everyone would take them. Ive heard cycles...I've heard take just a bit every day, I'd do your own research on that because I haven't looked up anything on Creatine in a while.

I think he means no crash? F caffeine though. But yeah...I hate supplements. They just seem like a great way to waste money.

I think cycles you go off a week and on a week and do 10 grams a day. Everyday just 5 grams a week. But they end up coming off roughly the same gains. Even though supposedly the body gets used to the Creatine and stops working as well hence cycling.
    (ツ) (シ) (ツ)
    Spoiler

All-American

Status

Quote Originally Posted by AnArtofWar View Post
    I've heard different things but I really don't believe too much in supplements, if they really work then everyone would take them. Ive heard cycles...I've heard take just a bit every day, I'd do your own research on that because I haven't looked up anything on Creatine in a while.

I think he means no crash? F caffeine though. But yeah...I hate supplements. They just seem like a great way to waste money.

I think cycles you go off a week and on a week and do 10 grams a day. Everyday just 5 grams a week. But they end up coming off roughly the same gains. Even though supposedly the body gets used to the Creatine and stops working as well hence cycling.
    Not everyone uses them cause they work different for everyone and many people rather do it naturally then having to use artificial aids. Like clean gainer its completely different that all the other proteins imo, if you use it with a bad diet you will pack on pound fast. But with the correct diet and a thermogenic, and the ocaisional use of creatine here and there you can make some muscle gaints in your first 3 to 4 weeks.

Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.
    ~ Mohandas Gandhi

All-American

Status

Follow Me On Twitter

Dude clean gainer is expensive it looks hardcore, i'd be down though

I think im going to try a beta alanine/creatine combo

plus I have protein already

All-American

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 28.5 View Post
    Dude clean gainer is expensive it looks hardcore, i'd be down though

I think im going to try a beta alanine/creatine combo

plus I have protein already
    15 servings for almost 100 bucks yea lol pro athletes use it , was gonna try their hyperbolic formula, it has legal amounts of hgh in it. that runningback from the cardinals takes it Ryan williams, probably played a roll in his njury

~ Mohandas Gandhi

Pro Bowler
    TGL Elite

Status

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Make sure you have whey and casein protein before you buy any of the other stuff. Those 2 are way more important than any supplement. But I don't know if you mean by you have protein you have both. I guess I should give you the benefit of the doubt.
    (ツ) (シ) (ツ)
    Spoiler

All-American

Status

Make sure you have whey and casein protein before you buy any of the other stuff. Those 2 are way more important than any supplement. But I don't know if you mean by you have protein you have both. I guess I should give you the benefit of the doubt.
    you do know when you mix whey with milk it becomes casein?
    Last edited by jonzz; 03-31-2012 at 06:02 PM.

~ Mohandas Gandhi

All-American

Status

Follow Me On Twitter

I have whey,but no casein
    gonna throw up pics b4 I start berserk mode.
    Hopefully by doing this itll help me stick 2 da plan
    already in pretty good shape but taking to the next level.
    consider it the beta alanine creatine Experiment.

IS A REST DAY EVEN NECESSARY>?

Pro Bowler
    TGL Elite

Status

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thats not true. Mixing things isn't going to cause some magical chemical reaction. But maybe I am just being stubborn but I can't even find a link saying such. I have heard milk slows te digestion of whey protein because its protein basis is mostly casein but that isn't going to make whey protein casein protein...it'll just slow down the digestion a tiny bit. Milk doesn't contain ridiculous amounts of casein protein, at least enough so to make it worthless to mix the two. Whey plus milk is still digested significatly faster than having casein from what I've heard and seen.
    (ツ) (シ) (ツ)
    Spoiler

All-American

Status

Thats not true. Mixing things isn't going to cause some magical chemical reaction. But maybe I am just being stubborn but I can't even find a link saying such. I have heard milk slows te digestion of whey protein because its protein basis is mostly casein but that isn't going to make whey protein casein protein...it'll just slow down the digestion a tiny bit. Milk doesn't contain ridiculous amounts of casein protein, at least enough so to make it worthless to mix the two. Whey plus milk is still digested significatly faster than having casein from what I've heard and seen.
    milk is 80 to 90% casein, alot of bodybuilders will tell you take your post work out shake with water. whey rapidly increases protein synthesis and casein blocks protein breakdown its up to you decide which you buy
    Last edited by jonzz; 03-31-2012 at 06:56 PM.

~ Mohandas Gandhi

All-American

Status

here's a video of the twins Keith and Kevin both are bodybuilders, enjoy the bro science

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6djclXhTYA]Take Whey Protein Supplement with Milk or Water??? - YouTube[/ame]

~ Mohandas Gandhi

Pro Bowler
    TGL Elite

Status

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah I agree with those statements but that's totally different circumstances. We're talking whether milk slows down whey absorption or not. It does a bit but it's not like having actual casein powder with whey powder. 28.5 will still be getting it fast, just not as fast. I guess that small degree matters if 28.5 is ridiculously serious about this. It's kind of the same argument as supplements because I don't believe it will make that much of a difference as both go.
    (ツ) (シ) (ツ)
    Spoiler

Pro Bowler

Status

Follow Me On Twitter

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

PSN ID: KoalaTee

Whey protein: buy from american pure whey or something cheap. No sense in spending a shit ton on a slighter better product.

Caffeine: most effective and most proven supplement

BCAAs: just buy some cheap ass unflavored powder. put it in water with crystal light and let it sit for 30 minutes and shake the shit out of it

Don't bother wasting money on pre-workout shit like superpump or jacked. Just make your own.

Edit: my split is
    mon- legs
    tue- chest. usually hit my biceps and triceps too
    wed- off. trying to find a yoga class that meets on wednesday but no luck
    thurs-back
    fri- shoulders/arms. usually hit chest again if i'm recovered from tuesday.
    Last edited by maddenjunky; 03-31-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Pro Bowler
    TGL Elite

Status

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Soy milk >

All-American

Status

Optimum nutrition pro complex gainer and casein helped me gain 15lbs in 2 months...went from 175 to 190 at 6'3"

All-American

Status

Quote Originally Posted by maddenjunky View Post
    Whey protein: buy from american pure whey or something cheap. No sense in spending a shit ton on a slighter better product.

Caffeine: most effective and most proven supplement

BCAAs: just buy some cheap ass unflavored powder. put it in water with crystal light and let it sit for 30 minutes and shake the shit out of it

Don't bother wasting money on pre-workout shit like superpump or jacked. Just make your own.
    I'd love to see you make your own jak3d its got lots of stimulants in it, hope you survive the testing lol

~ Mohandas Gandhi